Each year, our chapter relies on the assistance of volunteers for our classes and special events. Without their help, our capabilities of delivering The First Tee Life Skills program to a greater number of juniors would be very limited.
While previous experience is certainly helpful, it is not an absolute requirement to volunteer with The First Tee as we recognize that each individual has unique skills that can be very useful to our organization.
As an Assistant Coach, you would help our Lead Coaches deliver The First Tee Life Skills program to our participants. From helping with set-up and teardown of equipment, to keeping a watchful eye to make sure safety is always observed, Assistant Coaches play a crucial role in ensuring the success of classes.
During our Spring, Summer and Fall sessions, our classes meet once a week for 8 weeks; for our Winter session, classes meet once a week for 6 weeks. We ask that our Assistant Coaches commit to at least 2 hours per week for the duration of each session.
How to get started?
1. Complete a Coach Application. Please email the completed application to email@example.com
2. Complete a background check at a Live Scan location. Once we’ve received your Coach Application Form we will email you our “Request for LiveScan” document, which you will need to take with you to the LiveScan location. Please note the applicant is responsible for the associated rolling fee.
Click Here to find a Live Scan location near you
3. All our Assistant Coaches receive the following trainings:
- Child Protection Course
- Assistant Coaches Training (ACT) (Please contact Lucio Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org for an access code)
- The First Tee of Contra Costa Volunteer Orientation.
We will be in constant communication throughout this process in case you have any questions or require assistance. Please note that approximately 10 hours are required to complete these trainings.
4. Attend one of our Coaches’ Meetings at one of our locations in Contra Costa County.
Parents & Juniors
Parents are a huge help for our weekly and weekend classes. If you’re staying for your junior’s class, why not join us and help out a little? Junior participants of The First Tee ages 12 and up can also help!
How can you help?
- Help check-in participants as they arrive to class
- Help ensure that all juniors are observing safety
- At Diablo Creek, shuttling help is always appreciated! Help us transport juniors to the practice area before class begins (Driver’s License Required)
How can you get started?
Simple! Let our chapter office know by emailing us, give us a call at 925-446-6701, or let a Lead Coach know!
Every year we hold special events all over Contra Costa County, and having a lot of help is always appreciated! Normally we use the SignUp Genius website for these events. As the events approach, we will publish the different events on this page. Check back for future events!