Volunteers are a huge part of The First Tee of Contra Costa. Without their assistance, our capabilities of delivering our Life Skills Program to a greater number of participants would be very limited. While previous golf experience is certainly helpful, it is not an absolute requirement to volunteer with The First Tee, as we recognize that each individual has unique skills that can be very useful to our organization.
Coaching not for you? No problem! We can always use your help at special events throughout Contra Costa County!
As an assistant coach, you would help our lead coaches deliver The First Tee Life Skills program to our participants. From helping with set-up and teardown of equipment, to keeping a watchful eye to make sure safety is always observed, assistant coaches play a crucial role in ensuring the success of classes.
During our Spring, Summer and Fall sessions, our classes meet once a week for 10 weeks; for our Winter session, classes meet once a week for 6 weeks. We ask that our assistant coaches commit to at least 2 hours per week for the duration of each session.
Help us reach more schools in Contra Costa County by becoming an Outreach Coach! With your help, more kids will be able to discover the game of golf and experience The First Tee Life Skills Experience!
How to get started:
- Fill out an Assistant Coach Application. Please email the completed form to email@example.com.
- Complete a background check at a LiveScan location. Once we’ve received your Coach Application Form we will email you our “Request for LiveScan” document, which you will need to take with you to the LiveScan location.
- For a list of LiveScan locations click here.
- Please note the applicant is responsible for the associated rolling fee.
- All our Assistant Coaches receive the following trainings:
- Child Protection Course
- Assistant Coaches Training (ACT) (Please contact Lucio Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org for an access code)
- The First Tee of Contra Costa Volunteer Orientation. We will be in constant communication throughout this process in case you have any questions or require assistance. Please note that approximately 10 hours are required to complete these trainings.
- Attend one of our Coaches’ Meetings at one of our locations in Contra Costa County.
Saturday, June 3rd, 2017, from 9 am until 1 pm. At Diablo Creek Golf Course